Manufactured Home Project Manager - Rockport, Texas Rebuild
Samaritan’s Purse continues to operate rebuild projects in Rockport, Texas, after Hurricane Harvey, with a goal of helping 1,000 families return home through rebuilds, repairs and manufactured home replacement. The Manufactured Homes Project Manager will handle all aspects of needs assessment and requests for assistance from homeowners who’s Manufactured Homes were damaged by Hurricane Harvey by working closely with Samaritan’s Purse Program Managers and Case Management, governmental and other non-governmental agencies. If you have strong investigative, analytical, organization and relationship-building skills, come see how the Lord can use you in a Career with Impact!
This Job Entails:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Investigate requests to identify best-matched candidates based on need, eligibility and other program criteria.
- Interview applicants and gather pertinent background information including financial history.
- Recommend potential recipients for the Samaritan's Purse program and direct homeowners who do not meet our beneficiary criteria to other agencies or organizations.
- Work with homeowners to procure and use insurance money for the repair/construction of their homes, enforcing requirements to use that money for its intended purpose.
- Work with the Manufactured Home vendors and their sub-contractors to arrange delivery, setup, and arrange payment upon completion.
- Maintain proper documentation and tracking to ensure successful completion of each project, keeping detailed files of each homeowner’s paperwork.
- Communicate and minister to homeowners, keeping them informed of the team’s progress and assisting in their requests.
- Document work and events with digital photographs and share them with North American Ministries (NAM) Social Media Specialist.
- Follow up with homeowner recipients through project completion and minister to them throughout.
- Overnight travel to project locations also required.
To Perform this Job Successfully:
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Have an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Have investigative, analytical, organization and relationship-building skills.
- Have a working knowledge of residential home construction.
- Have compassion for those devastated by disaster and heart of service to minister to them.
Regular, full-time position with full benefit package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
- Housing provided and some meals available.
Location: Rockport, Texas
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10597