Mail and Data Processor - Part Time
Do you have the heart to serve with Samaritan’s Purse, but can't commit to a 40 hour work week? Would you like the flexibility to work an average of 6 hours per day and 4 days per week? If so, we have an incredible and rare ministry opportunity that may be just what you are looking for. We are hiring several people, with the skill set we are seeking to join our mail and data team! These positions are regular - part time positions that include vacation, sick and holiday pay based upon the part time accrual.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Him.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Identify, sort and process into various categories all donation mail envelopes according to the Mail Response Manual.
- Calculate, bundle or copy manual batches in a timely manner.
- Key and verify amount entry and project entry from checks and response cards processed through Aperta software.
- Assist with daily deposits to the bank.
- Maintain donor database; record donations; process material requests and update donor information. Assign appropriate project and source codes to each transaction.
- Respond to special instructions or requests received from donors. Request correspondence and receipts in donor accounts to be mailed thanking them for their gift received.
- Perform quality check of web transactions.
- Process requests and gifts from donors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a clean and neat working environment at all times.
We ask that you bring:
- An active, committed and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to quickly make an accurate mail distribution decisions
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Computer skills (working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and web base database applications preferred. Aperta software knowledge is a plus but not required)
- Analytical thinking skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to adjust to workflow demands
- A career that impacts the lives of people across the globe!
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid sick time
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)