Learning & Development Coordinator
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Learning & Development Coordinator in our Human Resources Department.
This position supports the Human Resources mission to steward people, mission, and culture through two main functions: 1) assist the Learning and Development Team and ensure effective preparation and implementation of learning initiatives and programs; 2) maintain/update the SP Policy Manual and ministry-wide organizational forms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Learning and Development Support
- Provide support for the effective preparation, implementation and management of New Employee Orientation and related Security Training, and other Learning and Development initiatives, as requested.
- Communicate to participants, their supervisors, and session facilitators to ensure scheduling, attendance, and smooth operation of New Employee Orientation sessions, related Security Training, and other L&D sessions, as requested.
- Provide coordination with the Learning Management System and Human Resources Information System. Run reports, access data and use each feature of the system as necessary.
- Purchase, prepare, proofread, print and assemble materials.
- Process contracts, agreements, invoices and other necessary paperwork with various L&D vendors
- Track attendance, participation and evaluations.
- Assist in administering ongoing Biblical Studies requirement for new employees in the areas of assignment, follow up, answering questions and tracking completion.
Policy Manual Oversight
Oversee the maintenance and development of Samaritan’s Purse ("SP") Policy Manual. Craft new and revised policies, as requested, and drive the review and approval process, working with Vice Presidents and departments to facilitate timely completion; track progress and ensure web-based Policy Manual reflects the most current policies. Coordinate/draft addenda to the SP Policy Manual for IFS as needed. This includes reviewing, drafting, updating, editing, as needed, working with affected departments, and dissemination. Facilitate continued alignment of Samaritan’s Purse and BGEA ministry policies.
- Initiate employee notification/acknowledgement of new/revised policies, and maintain files for documentation.
- Initiate annual review of SP ministry policies by stakeholder departments; follow up with departments as indicated in the annual ministry policy review, and related matters as requested.
- Facilitate continued alignment of SP and BGEA Policy Manuals, coordinating efforts of departmental counterparts to work together toward alignment; draft revised policies for review, approval and posting at both ministries.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9660