Location: Aurora, IL, United States
Job ID: 13339
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2022
A Day in the Life of an OCC Volunteer Experience Team Member
A brief description of positions you may be considered for:
FLOOR COORDINATOR TEAM MEMBER:
GEAR STORE TEAM MEMBER:
Facilitate sales transactions accurately for Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child branded merchandise via cash, check or credit card on an automated transaction system.
Ensure that each transaction is recorded correctly, guaranteeing accurate inventory and financial reporting at the end of each shift and at the end of the season.
Must display high levels of integrity and organization when administering daily financial reconciliation and reporting.
GIFT IN KIND TEAM MEMBER:
Document and complete the proper paperwork for all donated Gifts-In-Kind shoebox items coming in through the PC Drop-off location, Receiving Docks, or the front entrance.
Working as a team to ensure adequate supply of GIK inventory entering and exiting the Processing Teams this includes the monitoring of amount and diversity of items being used by shoebox processing teams. Examples of this type of work may include de-packaging items, rolling clothes into smaller sizes, packaging like items together, etc.
Train, coach and supervise Volunteers who serve in the GIK Projects Area to prepare donated GIK items to be used by shoebox processing teams.
GREETER TEAM MEMBER:
Sustain a strong and outgoing personality to represent Operation Christmas Child in a positive and helpful way for the volunteers who serve in the OCC Processing Centers.
Keep accurate records by entering arriving volunteer numbers into the Volunteer Management System (VMS). Ensure volunteer registration form is completed properly.
Be available to answer questions posed by OCC Processing Center volunteers. Questions could include locations of restrooms, breakrooms, coat racks, and where to drop off shoebox gifts and/or other donated items.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TEAM MEMBER:
PARKING TEAM MEMBER:
DROP-OFF COORDINATOR TEAM MEMBER:
VOLUNTEER PLACER TEAM MEMBER:
FOR ALL POSITIONS:
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Job Location: Aurora, IL
Type of Employee: Associate / Temporary
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.