Location: Fullerton, CA, United States
Job ID: 13332
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2022
A Day in the Life of an OCC Warehouse Team Member
A brief description of positions you may be considered for:
INAPPROPRIATE SHOEBOX ITEM TEAM MEMBER:
Assist with training, coaching, and supervising volunteers in the sorting, cartonizing, and labeling of all Inappropriate Items that have been removed from gift filled shoeboxes and are being donated to organizations approved by the OCC Processing Center Manager.
Understand and be able to communicate the approved list of inappropriate items that are not clearly appropriate/inappropriate according to the OCC Processing Center policies and procedures.
FORKLIFT TEAM MEMBER:
Working with the Dock Workers, unload trailers/containers of unprocessed product arriving to the OCC Processing Center and staging product in either the assigned Processed Backlog area or taking the product directly to the Processing System.
Working with the Dock Workers, load appropriate pallets of outgoing trailers/containers from the appointed inventory area or directly from the Processing System.
Assist in staging pallets of processed shoeboxes from the Processing System to the appointed inventory area.
Must be a certified Power Industrial Truck operator with a good safety record.
DOCK TEAM MEMBER:
Assisting loading and unloading trailers and pallets full of Gospel Opportunity.
Shoeboxes and coordinating movement of unprocessed product around the Processing Center.
Assist with stocking and/or palletizing cartons of Gospel Opportunity Shoeboxes and maintaining a proper flow.
Stack completed cartons of shoebox gifts neatly with age/gender markings and barcode label facing out onto pallets.
If using a pallet jack, move full pallets of processed shoeboxes to assigned Inventory Area for the Inventory Worker to scan into inventory.
If needed, stretch-wrap appropriate pallets of processed shoeboxes as directed by the OCC Processing Center Floor Manager.
INVENTORY TEAM MEMBER:
MAIL PROCESSING TEAM MEMBER:
QUALITY CONTROL TEAM MEMBER:
BARCODE SCANNER TEAM MEMBER:
Assist with barcode labels and/or the Follow Your Box Label Printing Application.
Utilizing the OCC Follow Your Box Dashboard available on provided equipment, monitor needs from volunteers who are using Follow Your Box scanners at shoebox processing teams throughout the shift if needed.
Assist Volunteers who are serving as shoebox scanners if a Shoebox Processing Team is processing a large amount of “Follow Your Box” shoebox gifts.
SANITATION TEAM MEMBER:
FOR ALL POSITIONS:
Keep work area clean and neat. Assist with trash and broken pallet disposal.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Job Location: Fullerton, CA
Type of Employee: Associate / Temporary
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.