We are currently searching for a Livelihoods Program Manager to manage and oversee programming in Erbil, Iraq. In this role you will support ministry leadership by developing, designing, and implementing high quality interventions. Come bring your expertise and experience to make a lasting impact and transform lives. Apply today!
A day in the life of a Livelihoods Program Manager:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Livelihoods Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Give technical supervision of livelihoods and agriculture activities
- Supervise and monitor activity plans, reporting systems for data collection (qualitative and quantitative), analysis and follow-up and feedback of projects.
- Maintain clear and regular communication with all relevant staff.
- Promote the development of quality programming, creative ideas and new approaches to solving problems in the livelihoods program.
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a livelihood field, preferably agriculture such as agriculture engineer and two to four years of relevant international and/or livelihood/agriculture experience in a development context; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in community agriculture and community surveys, market assessment, data collection and analysis
- Possess organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and written oral communication skills
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Erbil, Iraq
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic strongly preferred
Accompaniment: Family Accompaniment
Travel Expectations: Travel to field sites as necessary, required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)