We are seeking a Country Director to serve in our office in Aden, Yemen. We are looking for an experienced leader to provide mentorship and oversight to our program managers and program development team, as well as provide guidance in field office vision and leadership. Come use your experience working in a variety of international contexts and drive to make a difference.
A day in the life of a Country Director, Yemen:
In the role of Country Director, Yemen, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide overall vision, management and leadership to Samaritan’s Purse activities in Yemen.
- Provide professional representation for Samaritan’s Purse with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, and visitors.
- Maintain awareness and communicate legal and cultural requirements and ensure reasonable compliance of SP with the same.
- Ensure proper financial accounting and monthly reporting of all funds and financial activity.
- Ensure appropriate supervision, support and direction for the effective engagement of all expatriate and national staff in their various assignments.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven management and leadership experience
- Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred
Job Location: Aden, Yemen
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic strongly preferred
Travel Expectations: Required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)