Job ID: 13031
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2022
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking Fall 2022 International Interns to support Samaritan’s Purse field offices around the globe. The Global Internship Program is designed to provide college students and recent graduates with an opportunity to use their skills to impact a hurting world. The program provides general exposure to International relief and development scenarios, ministry and evangelistic outreach efforts, and the programs and operations of the ministries. Interns work alongside seasoned staff and receive on-the-job training in practical, administrative, logistical, and ministerial duties for current projects. International travel will be required. Samaritan’s Purse exists to provide spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world in Jesus’ Name. Use your gifts and talents for the Kingdom!
Fall 2022 Term
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
Internship Begins: August 16, 2022
Internship Ends: December 12, 2022
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume along with the application.
A day in the life of an International Intern:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff, and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of International Intern, you will have the opportunity to:
Learn more about serving with Samaritan's Purse as an International Intern.
Qualifications & Experience
Job Location: International Interns are placed based on the need of our field offices each term. Samaritan's Purse field offices include Haiti, Bolivia, Colombia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Niger, Liberia, Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Ethiopia, South Sudan, and Iraq.
Type: Temporary Full-Time Intern (40 hours per week) for 4 months
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel internationally. Maintaining required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary.
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.