Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 50 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Photography Archivist for our internal communications department! This Archvist documents and describes official photographs for historical archiving purposes by creating original written content independently or in conjunction with photographers, videographers, and other craftsman. If you are searching for more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Documents and describes official photographs for historical archiving purposes by creating original written content independently or in conjunction with photographers, videographers, and other craftsman.
- Archives all photos in the data management system, applying metadata in a written from that accurately captures the date, event details, attendees, and keywords.
- Produces consistent cataloging archiving standards for arranging and ensuring the proper naming convention of metadata.
- Monitors all archiving activities and advises managers and staff on archiving products, services, productions, and resources.
- Writes captions daily for photographers and staff to apply prior to ingestion into the catalogue archive system.
- Gathers information from reporters, photographers, and assignment log books to write consistent, informative captions and metadata for all photographic assets.
- Liaises with IT staff to analyze issue patterns and take proactive actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Helps plan and schedule installation of new or modified application software.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance