World Medical Mission is the medical arm of Samaritan’s Purse and has arranged more than 10,000 trips for doctors and other medical personnel to serve short-term on the mission field. The Surgery Sub-Specialty Teams Program Manager provides strategic oversight and project management to all surgical sub-specialty teams deployed by World Medical Mission/Samaritan Purse, including management of staff, volunteers and partnership hospital relationships. Directs logistics, team building, and management for all such surgical sub-specialty teams. Develops enduring programs in multiple WMM partnership hospitals with an emphasis on spiritual impact utilizing such surgical sub-specialty teams.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Oversee the development of World Medical Mission/Samaritan’s Purse’s surgical sub-specialty programming. This responsibility includes development of overall strategies, objectives, and implementation of the surgical sub-specialty programs while maintaining the spiritual focus as the focus of this program.
- Research and identify potential partnership hospitals for future deployment program sites for such World Medical Mission/Samaritan’s Purse surgical sub-specialty teams around the world.
- Obtain necessary permissions and agreements from the local Ministry of Health and partnering hospital facilities. If needed, assist with licensing the visiting medical personnel in the host country.
- Develop a strategy for evangelism and spiritual care for beneficiaries of the surgical sub-specialty program.
- Oversee the annual budget for all World Medical Mission/Samaritan’s Purse surgical sub-specialty programs.
- Develop and manage globally standard operating procedures and policies for the World Medical Mission/Samaritan’s Purse surgical sub-specialty teams. Standard orientation/guidelines manuals, standard surgical sub-specialty consumable and equipment list to effectively ensure quality implementation of patient care and direction of the volunteer teams that provide the patient’s surgical services.
- Work with the World Medical Mission placement coordinators to recruit, interview, and select qualified medical volunteers to serve on the surgical sub-specialty teams. This process includes networking with physicians and nurses at conferences and identifying volunteers who will serve with excellence on such teams.
- Provide leadership and direction to the surgical sub-specialty program. Ensure all support staff (biomedical technicians, associated partnership hospital staff, and volunteers) have the necessary budget, tools and resources to implement dynamic programming around the world with proper support from IHQ.
- Work with the World Medical Mission logistical coordinators to provide direction and approval for international airfare and visas for all surgical sub-specialty team volunteers. Provides strategic oversight of logistics, transport and coordination for surgical sub-specialty volunteers.
- Ensures that all necessary medical equipment, supplies, and pharmaceuticals required to perform sub-specialty surgeries are available on-site at the host hospital for program implementation. Works closely with the biomedical and logistics team at IHQ to procure all proper medical equipment, supplies and pharmaceuticals requiring delivery to host country. Obtains necessary permissions from the local customs office for all supplies being brought in from out of country.
- Provide professional representation of World Medical Mission/Samaritan’s Purse to visiting surgical sub-specialty teams, local hospital medical personnel and administrators, other NGO’s, and government officials.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
RN (Registered Nurse), PA (Physician’s Assistant), RNP (Registered Nurse Practitioner), MD (Medical Doctor) or DO (Doctor of Osteopathy); four (4) to ten (10) years related medical experience and/or training in an alternative medical field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Regular Full-time position
Benefit Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Travel Requirements: Domestic and International Travel, approximately 30%. Maintaining required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary.
Location: Boone, NC