Job ID: 12808
Date Posted: Apr 13, 2022
Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) Member with experience in Operations, Supply Chain Management & Security
DART members with experience in operations, supply chain management & security provide the necessary logistical support to ensure effective responses. They Staff with experience in operations and supply chain management oversee and implement the purchasing and procurement, warehousing, and transportation of goods, assets, and deliverables for responses.
Security DART staff work with leadership on the ground to advise on how to safely accomplish the goal of alleviating suffering in the hardest areas of the world and mitigate risk. Each DART member uses their professional background to serve along each stage of the supply line and deploy to crisis situations. These DART members are logistically minded, experienced in operations, and are willing and able to step aside from their day-to-day life for a minimum of 3 weeks at a time to answer the call to respond.
The Samaritan’s Purse DART program is committed to meeting the critical needs of victims of war, poverty, famine, disease, and natural disaster. We focus on meeting needs in the areas of clean water, food, shelter, and medical care. We stand ready to respond at a moment’s notice whenever and wherever disaster strikes. The DART specializes in meeting physical needs while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
As deployments occur with little or no warning, DART members must have a flexible schedule and availability to deploy. DART members can be deployed to dangerous places, the living conditions can be challenging and the work days long and hard. However, Samaritan’s Purse believes in being the first on the ground in order to serve and help those who have suffered through a catastrophic event in the name of Jesus Christ.
How serving on the DART roster works:
DART members are contracted "on-call" employees. Their pay is activated when they are deployed to a response. Practically, this means that they have careers and life circumstances separate from DART, but when Samaritan’s Purse initiates a response, we call available DART members to respond and deploy. While a DART member is deployed, Samaritan’s Purse provides compensation and covers their response-related living and travel costs.
Applicable Careers and Career Fields (not exhaustive)
Supply Chain Management
Inventory Control Specialist
Medical Logistics & Supply Chain
Medical Operations & Hospital Administration
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking to fill roles on the DART with flexible and service-oriented people who have backgrounds in operations, logistics, medical operations, supply chain management, and security.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
2-5 years proven work experience in applicable career field(s) is preferred
Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university or technical training in specific field preferred
Available on short notice for immediate 3-4-week deployment, 2-3 times/year
Able to serve within a very fast-paced environment, 7 days/week for extended hours while on deployment
Able to work as a member of a team, particularly cross-culturally
Demonstrated travel, volunteer or work experience in developing countries is preferred
Willingness to work in unstable, insecure areas
Teaching experience desirable, but not required
Job Location: International
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Intermittent (On-Call)
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
Language Requirement: Fluency in Spanish and/or French, preferred.
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.