Location: Bunia, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
Job ID: 12779
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2021
We are seeking a Food Security Program Manager to serve with our team in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)! Come be part of Gospel-centered work providing physical aid while sharing the hope of Jesus Christ. As the Food Security Program Manager, you will serve the people of the DRC utilizing your talents in spearheading food programs, in effective management, and in fostering strong relationships and partnerships to make an eternal impact. Join us today!
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
Job Location: Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Language Requirement: Fluency in English, French and/or Kiswahili preffered
Travel Expectations: 50% of time devoted to travel within country
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.