Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 50 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Data Services Manager to join our internal IT department! This manager works closely with IT management to define, develop, and execute the data strategy for key systems. This position has an integral role in architecting data and executing data governance and data quality initiatives. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Must maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Manages projects relating to data collection, data standardization, data quality, and report development and communicates project status to ministry areas.
- Supervises and serves as backup as needed for the Tableau Specialist and the Segmentation Specialist, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of data that we provide.
- Assists in defining data governance policies and ensures that these policies are enforced within our products.
- Collaborates with the Senior Data Programmer to communicate reporting needs and ensure availability of appropriate data in the data warehouse.
- Works with the Project Manager, Support Team, and Product Owner Team to architect data for new product requests.
- Performs data audits and proactively suggests improvements for data quality and usability.
- Serves as liaison with ministry areas, helping them understand data and define their data needs.
- Maintains expert knowledge of our core product data and working knowledge of data from other systems.
- Maintains knowledge of website analytics tools to accurately report on this data.
- Works with data owners, system owners, and the Documentation Specialist to develop a data glossary to ensure that common language and approach is used among all reports, data presentations, segmentations, and data pulls.
- Evaluates, maintains, and improves existing reporting toolsets and researches and provides recommendations for new or enhanced solutions.
- Works with the Data Protection Officer, Cybersecurity team, and Compliance team to ensure that we are compliant with domestic and international data regulations.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance