Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 50 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Cloud Network Engineer/Architect to join our internal Cloud team! This long term Cloud build and Implementation, stands at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. This Engineer would be a part of our Data Center multi-site work, and we are looking for someone exceedingly proficient in various Networking Technologies. Also, will lead the design, deployment and optimization of our existing Cloud Network Infrastructure, ensuring high availability, reliability, performance and scalability. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Preferably 3+ years of Network Engineering and/or Network Architecture experience.
- Experience in a Linux/Unix/CentOS Networking Environment
- Deep knowledge and proven experience with Network Protocols including: Cisco Switches/Routers, F5 Load Balancers, Firewalls, Underlays, and Overlays.
- Experience with Cisco IOS, and preferably Arista EOS.
- Experience with Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), Link Aggregation (MLAG), Border Gateway Firewalls (BGP), ISP’s, Identity and Access Management (IAM), White Box Switches, Virtual ARP (VARP), and IPv6 Subnetting.
- Understanding and preferred experience with both Open-Source and Commercial Products such as: Arista, Palo Alto, NetAPP, Icinga (Nagios), Git, Jenkins, and more.
- Preferred experience with Supermicro Servers.
- Extensive experience implementing, maintaining, automating, and monitoring existing Network Infrastructure.
- Providing Scalable Network Solutions for future Network Infrastructure changes in both size and scope.
- Understanding of physical network cabling, connections, secure communications, practical cryptography, denial of service (DOS) mitigation's, and other attacks that target Network traffic.
- Gather and interpret Network and Security requirements from the Development and Infrastructure teams.
- Work closely with the Network Cyber Security, Database, and Data Storage teams to achieve the mission of securing the new Cloud Network Infrastructure.
- Ability to read, analyze, and comprehend Network Technical Journals, Technical Procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present Technical information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other non-technical employees.
- Comprehensive knowledge of physical network cabling, racks, connections, and servers.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance