Assistant Fleet Mechanic/Driver
Location: N. Wilkesboro, NC, United States
Job ID: 12645
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2021
North American Ministries responds quickly when natural disasters strike, deploying an army of volunteers to come alongside homeowners to bring relief and compassion in Jesus’ Name. Key employees, like the Assistant Fleet Mechanic/Driver are essential in getting the supplies and equipment there to be used by the volunteers and maintaining them. Responsible for assisting the Fleet Mechanic / Driver (FMD) with operation and maintenance of North American Ministries’ (NAM) fleet of vehicles and supporting equipment. Assist the Fleet Mechanic/Driver with assigned duties at deployment sites. Requires frequent travel and extended stays at disaster sites.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Responsible for the regular maintenance, repairs, and cleanliness of the department’s vehicle fleet and equipment. Maintain the equipment in a “response-ready” mode.
- Ensure all work performed is being recorded properly on the check list and work sheets.
- Recognize “quality work” as being a Christian witness. This pertains to all work, including the cleanliness and organization of the tool and shop areas, as well as the warehouse, sheds, and garage areas. This also includes being “SAFETY CONSCIOUS” concerning the work being performed and the areas surrounding the work.
- Stay current and knowledgeable on Federal and State Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations to include hours of service, license requirements, vehicle registrations and permits.
- Assist with Disaster Relief inventory and the tracking of NAM assets.
- Travel to field sites as necessary to maintain and operate vehicles and equipment, provide logistical support, assist with tool management and project site instruction, and help ensure the safety and quality of our work. (Position reports to field site Program Manager during deployments.)
- MUST maintain a current CDL and a valid DOT Medical Card.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to maintain and trouble shoot issues with equipment such as tractor-trailers as well as small equipment such as chain saws, skid steers, commercial refrigeration, etc.
- Able to deploy with short notice for 2 or more weeks at a time.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Travel Requirement: 50-65% within US
Regular, Full-time position with full benefit package:
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave