Location: , South Sudan
Job ID: 12640
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2021
A day in the life of a Mobile Medical Unit Program Manager
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve to make an eternal impact.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
As a Health Professional, the Mobile Medical Unit Program Manager (MMU PM) will be deployed as a field level Program Manager to oversee and coordinate the operation of a Samaritan's Purse Mobile Medical Unit in South Sudan. The MMU PM will take the lead on multi-sectoral coordination, project planning, recruitment, and procurement at the field level.
The MMU PM will mentor and build the capacity of national health staff. The MMU PM holder will also be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the health program. This includes project monitoring and oversight of programmatic activities to ensure compliance with regulations set forth by the South Sudan Ministry of Health (MOH).
Samaritan’s Purse has been providing humanitarian services in South Sudan for over 20 years. Previously, SP managed the Lui Hospital in Maridi and is presently managing the Maban County Hospital in the Upper Nile State. Samaritan’s Purse has also been working in South Sudan to conduct health and emergency responses for Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) preparedness and COVID-19, providing training and mentoring for healthcare workers. In recent months, Samaritan’s Purse has partnered with the U.S. Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) to establish two Mobile Medical Units in Mayom County and Mayendit.
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Ability to read and interpret documents such as medical reports and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups and other humanitarian actors. Arabic language skills preferred, but not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The staff member will be required to travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, as well as hot and humid weather conditions. The staff member must also be willing to live and work in a resource poor location. Staff may be required to stay in rural locations overnight on occasion.
Job Location: Mayom County, Unity State, South Sudan
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-time
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
Language Requirement: English fluency is required
Travel Expectations: Occasional travel should be expected
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.