As Samaritan's Purse responds to events all over the world, a team of Logistics people are working on the back end to ensure everything needed is there. The Logistics Supervisor Inventory and Analysis position oversees the inventory management function for the Projects Department medical and non-medical disaster response inventory. This role is responsible for insuring the accuracy and integrity of the Projects Department inventory, insuring effiecient warehouse space utilization, providing analytical support to the Logistics team and reporting on key performance metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Oversees the labelling and putaway of inventory.
- Oversees the completion of ad hoc inventory management tasks.
- Provides reporting and analysis support associated with warehouse activities.
- Manages the weekly cycle counting and annual physical inventory processes.
- Analyzes inventory activity on a regular basis to ensure efficient use of warehouse space.
- Reviews and approves inventory adjustments based on inventory discrepancy resolution.
- Manages several Projects Logistics databases that support various operational activities.
- Manage the inventory and warehouse activities of the WASH team, including inventory receipt/putaway, analysis and deployment support.
- Creates and maintain Office Function and Warehouse Work Flow charts and How To documents.
- Supports disaster response and Event deployment activities as needed.
- Oversees and submits replenishment requests for Projects Logistics warehouse supplies inventory.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of inventory management protocols.
- General knowledge of database applications, Microsoft applications and analytical reporting tools.
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot data and inventory issues.
- Strong attention to details.
- Able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments to resolve issues and determine root cause of inventory issues.
- Ability to operate forklift and reachlift equipement as needed.
Directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Travel Requirement: Domestic travel, less than 5%
Job Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave