Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 50 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Broadcast Engineering Manager to join our internal Broadcast Team! This engineer manages all engineering and technical operations of the Broadcast department. Also, manages and supervises technical staff to accomplish all technical goals in the broadcast studio, post production facilities, field operations, and special projects. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Manages and supervises technical staff to create, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain all production and post-production systems and workflows for the Broadcast department under the direction of the Director of Broadcast Engineering.
- Works directly with the Director of Broadcast Engineering and in coordination with the IT department and Cloud team to design, implement, and maintain all Broadcast data center related systems and workflows.
- Working knowledge of tape decks and analog media.
- Brings a general knowledge of cameras and media acquisition, systems automation, digital media workflows, networking, graphics systems, tape decks and analog media.
- Thorough knowledge of ingest workflows, live broadcast studio systems and integrations, digital asset management systems, collaborative editing software, shared storage, archiving systems, video routers, and satellite uplink operations and equipment
- Thorough knowledge of Avid Interplay, Avid Media Central Cloud UX, Avid Nexis, Avid Media Composer, and Telestream Vantage.
- Maintains and oversees daily, weekly, and monthly schedules for all Broadcast software and hardware system maintenance and upgrades.
- Works closely with outside vendors to create solutions for the Broadcast department, maintaining good standing and representing Samaritan’s Purse with excellence.
- Liaises with the IT department and Cloud team to implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices in the area of Broadcast engineering and systems.
- Keeps track of advancing technology to design and implement practical, effective solutions when upgrades are needed.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance