Media Relations Coordinator
Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 12624
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2021
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 50 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We are hiring a new Media Relations Coordinator to join our growing Communications department! This position is responsible for assisting the Communications Department by serving as a contact and promoting Samaritan’s Purse projects through media outlets. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Interfaces with media relations staff and any partners to develop and implement media strategy, provides information, and coordinates interviews with Samaritan’s Purse staff.
- Monitors project activity to develop creative, relevant story angles for presentation to local, regional, national, and international media outlets.
- Provides talking points for Samaritan’s Purse staff prior to media interviews.
- Communicates with media outlets, particularly local and regional media, to pitch stories for Samaritan’s Purse projects.
- Writes press releases, media alerts, and other documents for final review by the Vice President of Quality Assurance and Social Media.
- Serves as a spokesperson for Samaritan’s Purse when necessary.
- Deploys domestically and internationally during crisis events to handle frontline media as needed.
- Reviews media clips and provide feedback to staff.
- Assists affiliate offices in coordinating interviews with field staff and volunteers as needed.
- Promotes Samaritan’s Purse activities including emergency relief, Operation Christmas Child, Operation Heal our Patriots, Children’s Heart Project, World Medical Mission, and other relief and evangelism efforts worldwide.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance