After sharing the story of the Good Samaritan, Jesus said “Go and do likewise.” That is the mission of Samaritan's Purse—to follow the example of Christ by helping those in need and proclaiming the hope of the Gospel. The Logistics Procurement Specialist provides sourcing, procurement and logistical support to the Projects Department; is responsible for maintaining various procurement reports and databases; coordinating procurement and insuring delivery to the final customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Proactively develop relationships with new suppliers and maintain relationships with current suppliers. Make personal visits when needed and attend trade shows when appropriate.
- Receive Purchase Request forms from various Projects groups, follow the appropriate internal procurement procedures to create and generate Purchase Requisitions in Serenic that will in turn generate approved Purchase Orders for the requested material.
- Provide support to the regional teams in the area of procurement-related activities. Maintain detailed records of bids, quotes and analyses associated with procurement activities.
- Maintain and distribute procurement logs and reports that provide information and statuses to the Projects department on the fulfillment of a Purchase Request.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of Procurement/Purchasing Best Practices
- Basic understanding of Supply Chain processes
- General knowledge of commercial terms of sale (payment terms, transport terms, INCO terms, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS-Office suite specifically in MS Excel, MS Word
- Proficiency in Serenic
- Ability to communicate effectively and with a Christ-centered heart to both external suppliers and Samaritan’s Purse senior leadership
- Able to coach and mentor others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five (5) or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Regular Full-Time Position
Full Benefit Package Including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave