Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We are hiring a new Program Manager to join our growing Information Technology department! This Program Manager is responsible for program management and in-house consultation to Samaritan's Purse staff on the effective planning, deployment and use of technology. This role combines knowledge of IT practices and Samaritan’s Purse ministry goals to help plan, develop, and deploy systems and technology to meet Samaritan’s Purse business needs. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Acts as a Program Manager and Implementation Manager to track organization wide technology needs and solutions delivery, with involvement in technology aspects of IT projects from concept to delivery.
- Plays a lead role in overseeing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, and Unit Testing of new Software solutions utilizing manual and automated testing tools (i.e TestCafe).
- Utilizes Work Management and Project Management tools (i.e Workfront).
- Serves as a liaison between IT and other supported departments within the organization to provide needs assessment and subsequent design, development, delivery, and maintenance of technology solutions.
- Completes in-depth analysis of possible Software Solutions, completing cost benefit analysis, and recommended new solutions to IT leadership.
- Assesses resource requirements of technology projects and recommends whether project teams should be staffed internally or outsourced.
- Utilizes reporting tools such as Tableau for data visualization.
- Functions as the primary contact between outside Software Vendors and internal Application Development Team.
- Provides oversight for the implementation of outsourced solutions and code.
- Maintains relevant metrics to assist IT management with assessing effective use of technology resources.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance