Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 50 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We are hiring a new Social Media Coordinator to to join our growing Communications department! This position will coordinate and develop social media content in collaboration with the marketing team. Also, this coordinator will implement social media best practices to drive audience engagement and growth across all platforms. If you are searching for more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Preferably 1-2 years experience in social media management.
- Develop content for Samaritan’s Purse social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Coordinate with Social Media Specialist on content generation for review and approval.
- Manage social media engagement through comments and messages from social media followers.
- Gather assets for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Collaborate inter-departmentally with marketing, editorial, and photography staff and other ministry departments including Broadcast, Operation Christmas Child, and the President’s Office.
- Collaborate with ministry departments to facilitate and manage department specific social media channels, including World Medical Mission, Children’s Heart Project, U.S. Disaster Relief, and Operation Heal Our Patriots.
- Support the marketing team in the research, planning, and implementation of strategies using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social platforms. Stay current on the latest trends, technologies, tools, sites, applications, and analytics related to marketing through social media.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance