This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Englewood, CO, United States
Job ID: 12500
Date Posted: Oct 6, 2021
A Day in the Life on our OCC Seasonal Processing Center Management Team
Serve with Samaritan’s Purse as part of Operation Christmas Child Seasonal Processing Center Management team and you will work with thousands of employees and volunteers to help bring Jesus’ love to children around the world. When you work on our Processing Center Management team, you assist in managing temporary employees to facilitate the processing and preparation of Shoeboxes for distribution to children in need. You are acting as the hands and feet of Jesus Christ to bring joy to children, families, and communities. You, or someone you know, may be an ideal candidate to serve in a Seasonal Processing Center Management role in one of our Processing Centers. These associates will work as part of a team overseeing 5 different departments of the warehouse; Quality Control Management, Volunteer Management, Floor Management, Shipping Management, and Receiving Management. This seasonal role will run from November to December. This position cannot be remote.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have previous management experience, and possess a desire to serve the Lord in a hands-on ministry.
Positions are temporary, full-time (40+ hours per week including Saturdays and the day after Thanksgiving). Screening requirements include social media review and pastoral/spiritual mentor screen.
Available Management Roles
Quality Control Manager
Manage all support areas for the processing of shoebox gifts and works closely with other managers to assure quality of shoebox gifts. Directly supervise associates and oversee the management of volunteers working in these areas. Requires warehouse experience, great organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
Manage all aspects of volunteer entrance/exit, orientation, and hospitality. Requires strong leadership abilities and an outgoing personality to lead/coaching temporary associate staff and thousands of volunteers. Basic computer skills and “people flow” logic are required.
Manage multiple areas of processing shoebox gifts, specifically related to shoebox flow through the processing teams where shoebox gifts are inspected and sorted by volunteers. Requires strong leadership abilities and an outgoing personality to lead/coaching temporary associate staff and thousands of volunteers. Experience in maintaining inventory, and excellent organizational skills are desired. Position may require some lifting and the use of a pallet jack.
Manage outbound shipping container schedule, loading of processed inventory into shipping containers, completing all shipping paperwork, and managing the team of associates working in shipping areas. Requires strong leadership abilities and an outgoing personality to lead/coach temporary staff. Knowledge of shipping and operations is preferred.
Manage incoming deliveries of inventory, supervise and track inventory unloading and storage, and move inventory toward processing system. Requires strong leadership abilities and an outgoing personality to lead/coach temporary staff. Knowledge of receiving and operations is preferred.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Job Location: Englewood, CO
Pay Rate: $18.00
Type of Employee: Associate / Temporary
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.