Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Product Tester to join our brand new Product Development team! This is a brand new project completing a new build within the ministry. This Tester will plan and deploy effective test suites and practices for products developed by the ministry. The product stack worked on will include web and mobile UIs, APIs and databases. This new product build is being coded utilizing C#, .Net, and other languages. Currently this new product build stands at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Proven experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software testing solutions.
- Experience working with SQL databases.
- Direct hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as Codecept, Playwright, TestCafe or Selenium preferred.
- Complete manual testing of databases utilizing SQL in addition be able to complete automated testing utilizing TestCafe, Selenium, or similar.
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the development/product lifecycle.
- Interact with Product Designer to ensure that product achieves desired UI/UX.
- Collaborate with network administrators, systems analysts, product owners, and software developers in the testing of products and integrations.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, including system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing.
- Analyze test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine intended functionality.
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified/new systems and applications.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices.
- Ensure all code provided has been tested prior to release.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.