Samaritan’s Purse, Mission Aviation Services, is seeking a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has been called to make disciples of all nations through use of their aviation related knowledge, skills, and abilities. This position requires the applicant hold a current United States, Federal Aviation Administration, A&P license. Ten years of transport category maintenance experience preferred. CFM56 or similar engine experience highly desired. This position will require some international travel, irregular schedules, and a wide variety of responsibilities.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Maintain Samaritan's Purse aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations, and
- Working with other maintenance technicians, and under the direction of the Director of Maintenance, ensures aircraft are maintained to a very high standard and are mission ready.
- Perform preflight and post flight inspections.
- Some international travel with the aircraft as a flight mechanic is required.
- Service and maintain aircraft ground support equipment.
- Perform line service duties including but, not limited to lavatory service and refueling.
- Clean interiors and exteriors of aircraft.
- Assist in maintaining hangar facilities and lease property to meet the highest possible standards of safety and appearance.
- Tow and secure company aircraft.
- Assist with loading and unloading of the aircraft at home base and enroute destinations.
- Operate aircraft ground and loading equipment
- Properly handle storage of hazardous materials used on a daily basis.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Current FAA A&P license. Inspector Authorization desired, but not required.
- Additionally, ten (10) years of aircraft maintenance experience maintaining transport category aircraft preferred.
- CFM56 engine experience or similar, highly desirable.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Relocation Package available (not a remote position)
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time