Location: Juba, UY, South Sudan
Job ID: 12483
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2021
A day in the life of a Food Security & Livelihoods Technical Lead
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve to make an eternal impact. Are you ready to join our team and make a difference?
The Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Technical Lead (TL) provides strategic advice and oversight to the Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan FSL portfolio. The FSL TL supports ministry leadership by developing, designing, and implementing high quality interventions and ensures that sufficient capacity exists within the FSL team to respond to ongoing humanitarian and development needs. The FSL TL develops FSL proposals, in collaboration with the grants unit, and secures new FSL program funding. The FSL TL ensures effective coordination with program managers in the field and with the necessary FSL clusters and working groups (ex. food security cluster, cash working group, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources, etc.). The FSL TL maintains working relationships with internal stakeholders (ex. global technical advisors, regional team), external stakeholders (ex. government ministries), and funders (ex. BHA, WFP, FAO etc.). This position reports to the Learning and Strategic Development Director and works closely with all relevant sector program managers and area coordinators.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrate substantial experience in the design, implementation, and management of FSL programs within the humanitarian sectors
• Maintain a good understanding of FSL programs, including graduation from poverty, early warning early action (EWEA), resilience, cash-transfer programming, gender-sensitive livelihoods, and income-generating activities
• Knowledge of institutional donors and a proven track record developing funding proposals and reports for a range of institutional and other donors
• Experience in agricultural extension activities
• Experience with proposal development, grant management, and report writing
• Good knowledge of the project cycle
• Good report writing and reviewing skills
• Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ degree in agriculture, forestry, or environmental science and five (5) to ten (10) years of humanitarian work; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Job Location: Juba, South Sudan
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
Language Requirement: English Fluency Required
Travel Expectations: 30% of time spent in the Field
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.