A day in the life of a Country Security Manager, Yemen
This position is unaccompanied (no spouses or dependents).
- Develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who may impact security of Samaritan's Purse personnel. These include, but are not limited to, local leaders, police, military, other NGOs, UN, and government leaders.
- Analyze open source and confidential information to continually update the national and local threat levels.
- Maintain up to date information on political, economic and social status on a national level and report to the regional security manager and in country leadership on a regular basis.
- Develop, manage and train a team of national security officers.
- Maintain disaster response plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans as required.
- Work closely with country leadership in advising on travel restrictions and program hibernations.
- Ensure efficient use of funding and accurate financial reporting, preparing and evaluating budget with base manager.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Other duties may be assigned that are not specifically identified within the content of the job description.
In the role of Country Security Manager, you will oversee the safety and security of our staff and operations with Samaritan’s Purse in Yemen.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year of management experience, preferably in a disaster location.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to understand complex security situations and advise program design accordingly.
- Possess ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Field experience in the Middle East or similar context and knowledge of the region is a strong asset.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Strong English language writing and oral communication skills.
- Language: Knowledge of Arabic (preferred).
Job Location: Aden, Yemen
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied (no spouses or dependents)
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required) / Arabic (preferred)
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel.
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave