Class A Driver/Diesel Mechanic - US Disaster Relief, Coppell TX
Location: Coppell, TX, United States
Job ID: 11889
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2021
North American Ministries responds quickly when natural disasters strike, deploying an army of volunteers to come alongside homeowners to bring relief and compassion in Jesus’ Name. Key employees, like the Fleet Mechanic/Driver are essential in getting the supplies and equipment there to be used by the volunteers and maintaining them. Position requires frequent travel.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Responsible for the mechanical repair and upkeep and cleanliness of the department’s vehicle fleet and equipment. Maintain response ready mode for all SP equipment and vehicles.
- Ensure maintenance logs and permits are kept up to date for all vehicles and equipment.
- Be familiar with Federal DOT laws concerning the use and transportation of U.S. Disaster Relief equipment and supplies.
- Maintain accurate listing and placement of all Samaritan’s Purse U.S. Disaster Relief inventory.
- Travel to field sites as necessary to maintain vehicles and equipment.
- Provide procurement and logistical support for field projects.
- Responds to disasters as requested maintaining equipment and delivering tools and supplies as needed with their assigned disaster relief unit.
- Provide project site instruction and direct volunteer teams work, ensuring safety and quality of our work.
- Responsible to follow all Samaritan’s Purse purchasing and reporting policies as described in the Samaritan’s Purse Policy and Procedure Manual.
- MUST maintain a current CDL and a valid DOT Medical Card.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent Spanish highly desirable.
- Ability to maintain and trouble shoot issues with equipment such as tractor-trailers as well as small equipment such as chain saws, skid steers, commercial refrigeration, etc.
- Able to deploy with short notice for 2 or more weeks at a time.
Location: Coppell, Texas
Regular, Full-time position with full benefit package:
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave