Operation Christmas Child (OCC) is a dynamic, fast-paced ministry of Samaritan's Purse that transforms lives around the world through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Do you have experience in volunteer training, project management and administration? Are you searching for a place that you can use your skills and background to help the advancement of the Gospel? We have an opportunity to serve on our Volunteer Relations Team. The Program Development and Initiatives Manager will manage and implement projects that promote the development of strategic ministry initiatives for OCC volunteers that are here in the United States!
A day in the life of a Program Development and Initiatives Manager:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Program Development and Initiatives Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives for both Connect and short term volunteers, taking from concept to deliverable
- Develop project plan for each initiative that includes timeline, projected budget and justification.
- Develop resources that meet both the vision of the Volunteer Program Manager and OCC Leadership, and the practical need of the Field
- Create resources that have both a practical field “know-how” and are High Impact
- Propose innovative ways to recruit, select, equip, lead and develop our Connect volunteers, taking initiative from concept to deliverable
- Collaborate with the Equipping Manager to ensure that resources are developed that equip our volunteers to ministry effectiveness: this includes giving input into Connect Conferences, national training plans, and handbooks; contributes to resource development as needed
- Develop resources that lead our volunteers to great effectiveness, ensuring a balance of “in-here” and “out-there” focus and authentic partnership
- Develop resources needed to equip volunteers that serve in collection sites and Processing Centers
- Develop resources that support our staff and leader volunteers to lead short term volunteers to effectiveness
- All other duties as assigned
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strategic thinker, providing substantial research and solid leads to Field Offices related to volunteer management issues and trends effecting OCC
- Detail-oriented, with ability to manage multiple, ongoing projects
- Proven ability to effectively communicate within the team and interdepartmentally
- Must be flexible with an ability to adapt to new and sudden challenges
- Able to buy into and champion others’ ideas
- Proven leadership to be on international vision trip as needed, as team lead or other logistical support to the Team Distributions Manager
- Flexibility to travel (approximately 50-60 nights annually) – attend volunteer trainings and other meetings at times throughout the year to provide support and analyze the effectiveness of resources that have been provided to the field
- Create resources that develop our volunteers into next-level leaders, including succession planning and tools that promote volunteers to multiply themselves and develop other leaders
- Experience working with an Operation Christmas Child’s volunteer ministry team preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies, strongly preferred.
Job Location: Charlotte, NC OR Samaritan’s Purse IHQ (Boone, NC)
Language Requirement: Fluency in English
Travel Expectations: 50-60 days annually is typical; current year will be 10-20
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- 401 (k) retirement savings plan
- 10 paid holidays
- 12 vacation days
- 10 sick/personal days