Samaritan’s Purse, Mission Aviation Services, is seeking a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has been called to make disciples of all nations through use of their aviation related knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience.
This position requires the applicant hold a United States, Federal Aviation Administration, Airline Transport or Commercial pilot certificate with a GV or DA50 type rating. FAA Flight Instructor certificate strongly preferred. Additional requirements include: Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate, Current US Passport, and FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit. Minimum flight experience must include; 5,000 total flight hours with 1,000 hours in either series aircraft. Extensive international experience strongly preferred. This position will require frequent travel, irregular schedules, and a wide variety of responsibilities.
This position requires availability to travel anywhere in the world (24/7) at a moment’s notice.
Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Maintain a strong witness to colleagues, passengers, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attend morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain expert knowledge of assigned aircraft, Approved Flight Manual (AFM), aviation regulations, policies and procedures to ensure the highest level of readiness and professional skill as a pilot.
- Perform pilot duties as needed or assigned.
- Plan flights and file flight plans.
- Determine aircraft weight and balance and performance to ensure that proposed flights can be operated within all limitations.
- Obtain all available preflight information including weather, fuel requirements, alternates, traffic delays and interpret that information to ensure safe and efficient operation of proposed flights.
- Perform pre-flight, in-flight, and post-flight checks to ensure safe flight operations.
- Greet passengers and determine any special needs or desires.
- Load and unload all passenger's luggage and cargo.
- Complete all flight logs, engine trend monitoring, and passenger lists for each flight in a timely manner.
- Maintain electronic charts, databases, iPads, documents, etc. in current and orderly manner.
Other aircraft related duties
- Work with Samaritan's Purse mechanics and contracted maintenance personnel to identify and resolve any maintenance discrepancies. (Ministry pilots are not authorized to conduct aircraft maintenance.)
- Maintain the aircraft in a clean and organized fashion when at and away from base including servicing of the aircraft lavatory after each flight.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and aesthetically appealing hangar facility.
- Evaluate new emerging technologies, equipment, procedures, safety and compliance concerns related to flight operations so that recommendations may be prepared for review by the Director and/or President/CEO.
- Demonstrate a professional and cooperative attitude during any interaction with the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Represent the Ministry in a professional manner when dealing with business associates, officials, and customers.
Assist the President and Director with additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- 5,000 total flight hours with 1,000 hours in GV series aircraft, International experience.
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with the appropriate AMEL rating
- Flight instructor certificate with multiengine and instrument airplane ratings preferred, current vaccination record.
- Valid FAA First Class Aviation Medical Certificate, FCC Restricted Radio Permit, current US Passport
- Currency must be maintained in all assigned aircraft as provided by the ministry.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
- The expectation is for the preferred candidate to live no farther than a 45 minute commute. When position is not flying, regular office hours of 8:00 - 4:30 are maintained with duties in the office and hangar.
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Relocation Package available (not a remote position)