Senior Web Developer (Django)
Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 12371
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2021
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Django Application Developer to join our internal development team! Responsible for maintaining and optimizing complex volunteer management platforms to meet the dynamic needs of the ministry, as well as migrating legacy applications and services to a more modern application stack (including containerization) and removing dependencies on vendor-specific platform capabilities. This role writes and documents solid back-end Django services and implements a React front end. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- 5+ years of Application or Web Development experience, developing new features and fixing bug defects for front-end applications and back-end microservices utilizing Django, Python, and React.
- Ability to understand a variety of programming languages and patterns without fear of tackling new languages, frameworks, or technologies.
- Designing and implementing well-structured and scalable web services and front ends.
- Write technical documentation for new and existing front-end applications and back-end microservices.
- Work alongside Senior Application Developers to understand and implement defined architecture and best practices for applications and microservices.
- Collaborate with team of developers and designers to design, develop, test and support web, line-of business/desktop, and mobile applications.
- Research new technologies, frameworks, and emerging best practices and design patterns.
- Proven track record of implementing features in well-structured and scalable web services and UI/Front End Creation.
- Ability to understand a variety of programming languages and patterns and no fear of tackling new languages, frameworks or technologies.
- Collaborate well with a small team of other Application and Software developers.
Proficient in one of the following:
Optional Exposure to:
- Mobile Development
- Native IOS/Android
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.