Administrative Assistant/Quality Control
Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 12310
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an Administrative Assistant in our Broadcast department. This assistant will be primarily responsible for reviewing and approving all text graphics and subtitles for correct spelling and punctuation in completed videos, including name spellings cross-checked against release forms and staff lists. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Primarily responsible for reviewing and approving all text graphics and subtitles for correct spelling and punctuation in completed videos, including name spellings cross-checked against release forms and staff lists.
- Submit necessary feedback to post-production staff in production software.
- Provide quality control for video captions/subtitles and edit caption files to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Accurately transcribe video and audio tape interviews, stand-ups, appeals, sound bites, and messages from raw footage taken from shoots, or oversee completion of same by freelance service.
- When freelance service is used, process completed transcripts for distribution and archives when received from the service.
- Accurately transcribe all finished video project pieces produced by the Broadcast Department.
- Transcribe all media appearances and project videos deemed necessary by the Media Buying/Administrative Manager.
- Distribute transcribed materials to the necessary departments as needed.
- Catalog and maintain transcribed pieces in organized files on the network, and assist production staff in finding required transcription necessary for video production.
- Research requests for transcription and work as a liaison between other departments that request transcripts.
- Maintain Participant Release forms in an orderly manner in document management system and track to ensure all interviewees have forms on file.
- Perform administrative support for the Broadcasting Department: typing correspondence, reports and other assignments; answering phones; keeping files; responding to mail, and mailing and shipping as assigned.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance