Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We are hiring a new ICT Disaster Response Specialist in our IT department! The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Disaster Response Specialist is responsible for the innovation, development, readiness, maintenance, and deployment of Samaritan’s Purse (SP) international disaster response ICT equipment. This position requires frequent travel. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Designs innovative technology strategies while gaining additional experience with the latest technology communications options and configurations.
- Coordinates, with ICT Field Systems Manager, research, development, and testing of equipment.
- Trains staff on the latest innovative disaster response technologies.
- Identifies and maintains a pre-positioned inventory of all disaster response-ready ICT equipment, appropriately staged and kitted per Projects and the International DRU requirements and needs.
- Coordinates with necessary departments to ensure all disaster response ICT equipment and supplies are ready for immediate deployment.
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures and protocols for ICT equipment used in all Projects Incident Management Team (IMT) and Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) activities.
- Updates and improves as necessary after each After Action Review (AAR).
- Serves as the primary ICT Disaster Response Specialist on all DART deployments. Serves as technical liaison for International DRU in development and implementation of annual DR Simulation; maintains communications integrity with ICT staff.
- Researches/evaluates how other non-governmental organizations (NGOs) respond to disasters with technology, and recommends solutions to ICT Field Systems Manager and International DRU Manager,
- Assists other ICT staff with field office visits and project work, including on-call support as assigned.
- Ensures that SP’s ICT disaster response is consistent with SP core Christian values, while maintaining a character that induces witnessing opportunities.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)