Location: N. Wilkesboro, NC, United States
Job ID: 12262
Date Posted: Aug 4, 2021
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Feeling called to use your IT skills to support the Kingdom work around the globe? If so, we are looking for a new ICT Disaster Response Specialist in our IT department! The ICT Disaster Response Specialist is responsible for the innovation, development, readiness, maintenance, and deployment of Samaritan’s Purse (SP) international disaster response ICT equipment. As this team provides the front-line communication and technology that is needed during disaster responses to include Internet, Radios, Laptops, and more. You will need to have a solid background in IT to include networking Lan/WAN, Wireless, P2P, Laptop/PC repairs, and more. This position requires frequent travel. If you are searching more than just a job, but a career and ministry calling with Kingdom impact, come see how we accomplish that!
You Will Be Given the Opportunity To:
• Design innovative technology strategies while working with some of the latest technology and communications options. (Radios, Internet Connectivity (VSAT, Cellular, Fiber, WISP, DSL, etc), Laptops, Networking, Wireless, Solar, etc.)
• Coordinate, with the International IT Global Services Manager, research, development, and testing of new and upcoming equipment.
• Train staff on the latest innovative disaster response communication technologies.
• Help identify and maintain a pre-positioned inventory of all disaster response-ready ICT equipment, appropriately staged and kitted per the ministry requirements and needs.
• Coordinate with necessary departments to ensure all disaster response ICT equipment and supplies are ready for immediate deployment.
• Serve as one of the primary ICT Disaster Response Specialists on disaster response deployments around the globe.
• Research and evaluate how other non-governmental organizations (NGOs) respond to disasters with technology and recommend solutions to the International IT Global Services Manager.
• Assist other ICT staff with field office visits and project work, including on-call support as assigned.
• Ensure that SP’s ICT disaster response is consistent with SP core Christian values, while maintaining a character that induces witnessing opportunities.
• Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
• Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
• Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
• Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Career with Purpose!
• Great work/life balance
• Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
• Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
• Competitive vacation and time off benefits
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.