Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 12253
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking to hire a full time dishwasher to work with our Food Services Team at International Headquarters of Samaritan’s Purse located in Boone, NC. This person hired in this role will be primarily responsible for all dishwashing duties. The goal of each team member is to serve in excellence to help the department run more efficiently by maintaining cleanliness of the dining room and kitchen. Flexibility is key in this role as the person hired will have the opportunity to fill in as necessary with other Food Service functions.
1. Responsible for all dishwashing duties, including pots and pans.
2. Ensures the cleanliness of the dishwasher; de-limes once a week.
3. Responsible for setting up prior to and cleaning up after daily lunch period and special events.
4. Responsible for serving food to SP employees and guests when asked.
5. Follows all dish-related policies in the NC Food code including drying of dishes, removing sticker residue, maintaining dish machine temperatures, correct storing and complete cleaning of all dishes.
6. Puts away dry storage stock during truck deliveries. Notifies manager of any problems.
7. Maintains par of dish chemicals including machine wash, rinse, pads/scrubbers, sanitizers, etc.
8. Keeps plates, glasses, silverware and small wares free of residue and buildup. Deep-cleans as necessary.
9. Replenishes silverware, glassware and dishes to service area and kitchenware to prep area and line.
10. Cleans dish room, prep area, and service line floors at close of work day; sweeps and mops during shift as necessary.
11. Takes out trash and cardboard as necessary and at end of work day.
12. Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
13. Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers when scheduled.
14. Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Maintains clean, neat appearance and proper uniform specifications
• Operates other kitchen equipment as assigned
• Runs errands and delivers food as necessary
• Previous kitchen and dining room experience helpful
• Previous food preparation experience helpful
• Understands the vital importance of this essential position
• Able to set an example of a positive work ethic and attitude
• Able to maintain a high level of Christian integrity and professionalism
• Able to communicate effectively (oral and written)
• Able to function effectively as a team member
• Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends if needed
• Able to work productively under pressure to meet deadlines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous kitchen experience desired.
• Good mobility; able to be on feet most of the day and at a swift pace
• Bend, stretch, and lift
• Perform repetitive hand and arm motions
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.