Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 12202
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2021
A day in the life of a Broadcast Studio Apprentice
Do you want to start a career with the Samaritan's Purse Broadcast department? The Apprenticeship Program is a two-year program, starting on June 1, 2021, that equips participants with the needed skills and experience to begin a fulfilling career within Samaritan’s Purse, all while offering a full-time salary and benefits. The goal of the Broadcast Studio Apprenticeship is for the Apprentice to transition into a long-term employment with the Broadcast department as quickly as possible based on the requisite needs of the department. Upon completion of the program, the Broadcast Studio Apprentice will be a skilled professional and resilient future leader, equipped to serve with excellence in Jesus’ name.
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer. We hear from members of our staff, both from IHQ and our global offices, as well as special guest speakers who encourage us in God’s word. We then join together to pray for one another, as well as praying for staff and volunteers who serve around the globe. We get paid to start each day this way!
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
Twelve (12) credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies preferred
Working knowledge of current studio and satellite technology:
ENG cameras and lenses
Switchers, routers, and distribution amplifiers
Current broadcast legal limits, scopes, master clocks, and timecode generators
Live audio engineering, including Dante software
Studio, theatrical, concert lighting, including DMX and ArtNET control systems
Encoders, decoders, upconverters, solid state amplifiers, and other satellite uplink technology
Proficiency in operation and maintenance of studio and stage equipment
Must be available and able to meet tight deadlines and be willing to work the necessary hours to complete the assignment by assigned deadline, including working evenings and weekends while events take place
Basic knowledge in information technologies (computer troubleshooting, Apple/PC support, printers/copiers, network/Wi-fi, electronic security)
Basic understanding of non-linear audio and video editing, and how to interface with Avid Interplay Production Asset Management software as well as Media Composer and ProTools
Ability to prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues
Basic technical and creative knowledge of lighting techniques to be able to use lighting to help enhance the story being captured in the studio space.
Knowledge and abilities to work with producers and directors to take direction and creatively exchange ideas and utilize professional lighting techniques and audio standards.
Job Location: Boone, North Carolina
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Travel is expected as part of this role, with an estimated 40-60 days per year. Most travel is domestic but may include limited international travel.
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
By joining our Talent Network, you’ll help give our recruiters a good idea of your calling, skills, and talents as openings become available ministry-wide.