Samaritan’s Purse, Mission Aviation Services, is seeking a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has been called to make disciples of all nations through use of their aviation related knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience.
This position requires the applicant hold a United States, Federal Aviation Administration, Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Power plant ratings. Inspection Authorization preferred
Additional requirements include: FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi-engine and Instrument ratings. Current FAA Second Class Medical Certificate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Attend daily devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Maintain SP aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Perform preflight and post flight inspections
- Coordinate with the Director of Maintenance and other aircraft maintenance technicians to ensure aircraft are properly maintained.
Related Aircraft Duties
- May travel with the aircraft as a crewmember and perform duties associated with the mission. Ensure travel documents and inoculations are current for global travel.
- Repair and maintain aircraft ground support equipment.
- Perform line service duties including refueling.
- Clean interiors and exteriors of aircraft.
- Assist in maintaining hangar facilities and lease property to meet the highest possible standards of safety and appearance.
- Tow and secure company aircraft.
- Assist with loading and unloading of the aircraft at home base and enroute destinations.
- Operate aircraft ground and loading equipment
- Properly handle storage of hazardous materials used on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) years of industry aircraft maintenance experience maintaining turbine powered aircraft.
- FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Power plant ratings. Inspection Authorization preferred.
Regular, Full-Time Position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/sick leave/home leave
Location: Soldotna, Alaska