Event Manager, Communications
Location: Boone, NC, United States
Job ID: 12151
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2021
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Events Manager for our internal Communications Department! You would be responsible for oversight of internal and external events and conferences on behalf of the communications department and for the coordination of event branding and marketing across multiple departments to ensure our efforts to raise awareness and generate new names and revenue meet goals and expectations set by organizational leadership. Also, responsibilities include supervision of support staff during event set-up and tear-down. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Manage various internal and external event marketing processes across multiple departments of Samaritan’s Purse including evaluation of event opportunities for ministry fit, creation of innovative marketing strategies for external events, and valuation of event audience responses.
- Work with the director of communications and the creative director to determine effective branding and marketing strategies for internal and external events.
- Manage relationships with ministry departments including the president’s office, quality assurance, special events, North American ministries, international projects, and donor ministries to ensure consistency in branding and messaging for all events.
- Oversee the decision-making of ministry departments in determining which events Samaritan’s Purse should participate in.
- Manage vendor relationships for external events to ensure successful on-site execution.
- Research and identify external event opportunities for possible ministry participation.
- Manage event day logistics across ministry and vendor contacts for events that are targeted to Samaritan’s Purse’s external audiences.
- Supervise collaborative process with creative and production teams to develop display, print, and digital materials for events.
- Supervise support staff during event set-up and tear-down.
- Travel to new concept and key events to monitor audience engagement and strategize for increased engagement at future events; provide supervision during event day; develop solutions for event day issues; encourage guest interaction; and supervise event set-up and take-down.
- Track event key performance areas and supervise process to standardize event booth displays and materials across similar events for each season.
- Establish standardized event procedures and train staff to properly execute them.
- Stay current on latest trends, technologies, tools, sites, applications, and analytics related to event marketing.
- Assist Social Media Specialist with content and engagement as needed.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance