The Placement Coordinator for World Medical Missions proclaims the Gospel by supporting mission ministry, matching physicians with needs in mission hospitals/clinics around the world. Candidates should portray strong verbal and written communications with physicians/dentists and hospitals/clinics in order to find the best-matched opportunity for those seeking medical assignment.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Recruit and place volunteer physicians, dentists, and other medical professionals and their families, to meet the needs of mission hospitals/clinics around the world. Assure professional and character references are received and background check authorization is completed.
- Liaise with respective Mission Hospital Boards and Projects department staff.
- Contact approved applicants to verify dates of availability and inquire about special interests.
- Facilitate networking between medical professionals and their families, and other short- and long-term volunteers/missionaries.
- Update the hospital and physician database to keep all information current and accurate.
- Periodically review and update information for hospital booklets and orientation materials.
- Update hospital urgent needs requests on the WMM website as those needs change.
- Assist in training new Placement Coordinators as requested.
- Assist in training new Logistics Coordinators, handle difficult and emergency situations in their absence, and cover any duties of others during times of absence, or as needed.
- Review with and advise medical volunteers regarding foreign medical license procedures, visas, immunizations, malarial prophylaxis, required travel insurance, and other pertinent travel information.
- Refer specific medical equipment and/or supplies questions directly to the WMM Technical Support Supervisor or the WMM Warehouse Manager.
- Participate in conferences and meetings as directed.
- Provide content for and proofread “ON CALL” quarterly newsletter, Samaritan’s Purse WMM webpage, and Facebook.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university and two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus.
Job Location: Boone, NC
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time