Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced instructioanl designer/technical instructor to join our internal IT team! This lead would be responsible for enterprise-wide technical and software training programs in the form of production, management, and implementation of training materials utilizing various delivery formats such as online/distance learning, interactive class-based, and blended training. Experience with E-learning authoring tools such as Articulate, Lectora, Docebo and Learning Management Systems (LMS) would be required for this role. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Research, plan, and prepare specific course content, knowledge articles, materials, and delivery format.
- Design training courses and manuals after identifying and detailing informational needs.
- Produce course handouts or other materials to be used during training, which may include video tutorials, exercises, and assessments.
- Experience with E-learning Authoring tools such as Articulate, Lectora, Docebo or similar is required.
- Experience with Adult learning methodology and assessment and Learning Management Systems (LMS) is required.
- Perform reviews of systems and tools used in an effort to understand job-specific functions and tasks.
- Conduct computer training needs assessment by collecting work procedures, workflow processes, and reports.
- Assess individual and group training needs, and maintain individual and group training records.
- Determine system utilization requirements by researching and testing systems.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Learning Management team regarding learning content, sources, and training.
- Submit course documents and plans for review and approval.
- Facilitate and lead training classes according to Samaritan’s Purse standards.
- Present job-specific and generic software applications and/or personal computer courses.
- Instruct users on an individual or group basis, and administer course exams.
- Provide training and build knowledge base information and tools to assist the Global IT service desk in improving call center efficiency.
- Assess users work, provide feedback, and grade coursework.
- Work with system owners regarding appropriate system accesses.
- Assess effectiveness of training of course by soliciting feedback from users.
- Apply new technologies to deliver courses and improve the learning experience for users.
- Study new software to increase skill levels and keep IT and software knowledge up to date.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance