Assistant Program Manager, US
Location: Coppell, TX, United States
Job ID: 12083
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021
Samaritan’s Purse mobilizes and equips thousands of volunteers to provide emergency aid to U.S. victims of wildfires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters thru the North American Ministries (NAM) Department.. The Assistant Program Manager serves to support and help implement plans designed to further the ministry of the Samaritan’s Purse Disaster Relief Program with specific responsibility for assisting with the recruitment and development of volunteer teams; shepherding and providing training for volunteers; recruiting churches to participate in the project, and responding to disasters as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist North American Ministries (NAM) disaster relief responses in the field.
- Maintain a 'ready to deploy' status while not on deployment.
- Strive for strategies and effiencies in expanding ministry in disaster relief.
- Supports the Vice President of North American Ministries by leading deployments in response to natural disasters across the United States.
- Assists the Program Manager of U.S. Disaster Relief in developing church relationships and implementing a volunteer training plan, and training volunteers.
- In non-disaster times, reports directly to the Manager, US Disaster Relief
- In Deployment times, serves to support the Program Manager serving as the incident commander in the ICS model of emergency response.
- Works to establish communication with Government Agencies and other Relief Organizations.
- Will have opportunities to represent the ministry at conferences and speaking engagements.
- Responds to disasters as requested.
- While on response, oversees designated aspects of the deployment in direction of key volunteers, other staff, and chaplains with the B.G.E.A. Rapid Response Team. This will require hands on leadership with teams in the field.
- Ensures safety/training procedures are being carried out.
- Provides procurement and logistical support for deployments.
- Maintains accurate listings and placement of all assigned Samaritan’s Purse U. S. Disaster Relief field inventory.
- Assists with financial transactions: prepare daily/monthly report of activities; hold/attend regular weekly staff meetings.
- Takes the initiative in assessment activities when disaster strikes.
- Assists the Program Manager to set up programs, work with identified church partners, interact with the local emergency management officials, organize, train, and direct volunteers.
- In the event of a larger response, will carry out other key roles as requested, such as Volunteer Coordinator, Office Manager, Team Leader, etc. as needed.
- Participates in daily devotions and prayer support for ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Reports to Manager, U.S. Disaster Relief.
- Carries out any other duties and responsibilities as directed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Volunteer management experience a plus.
- Previous experience responding to natural disasters desired.
This position requires frequent travel both within and outside of the region. This employee needs to have or be working towards a minimum Restricted A license.
Regular Full-time position
Benefit Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Location: Coppell, Texas