Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Security Applications Developer to help bridge the gap between our internal Application Development and Cybersecurity teams here at Samaritan's Purse! This is a lead role that requires a driven, knowledgeable Application Developer wanting to join a growing and forward thinking Christian IT team. Because this role will have a tremendous impact on the security of applications developed for the ministry, the ideal candidate should have a leadership mentality, who has a background in Application Development or Application Security with a passion to learn the newest security and automation technologies, while applying Industry standard practices. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Desired 2-3 years or more of Application or Software Development experience in a Windows/Linux/Unix environment.
- Solid understanding of Web API's (RESTful, SOAP or other) for existing Web Applications.
- Manages all application security projects and initiatives as they arise.
- Desired experience securing the front and back-end code of various applications utilizing C#, .Net, .Net Core, Python or Angular development languages.
- Acts as a liaison between the application developers and cybersecurity teams; to assist the cybersecurity team in understanding the security of application development and implementing Dev/Sec/Ops processes.
- Research new technologies, frameworks, and emerging best practices in development and application security.
- We Will Train You To:
- Learn and Integrate manual and automated static/dynamic code analysis and tools for securing applications in the software development life-cycle (SDLC).
- Help improve code security and report/remediate vulnerabilities prior to an application being deployed into production.
- Help educate the application development teams by creating training and recommending courses on the topics of secure coding best practices.
- Help educate the application development teams on OWASP Top 10 web vulnerabilities, proper incident response, and remediating discovered vulnerabilities from scans and penetration tests.
- Start building industry standard cybersecurity processes into existing development and CI/CD pipeline practices.
- Gain understanding of our frameworks and compliance requirements with OWASP, CIS Critical Controls, NIST Cyber Security Framework, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, third party pen test/risk assessments, and other yearly audit requirements.
- Help manage the entire Application Security testing program and assist the cybersecurity team in all security automation and integration responsibilities at Samaritan’s Purse.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with Samaritan's Purse's Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)