Operation Christmas Child, a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches all over the world to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Our desire is to continue to grow this exciting, life changing ministry so more children around the world are impacted by the Gospel. We accomplish shoebox gift growth through the development of volunteer leaders in the US who lead local volunteer teams promoting and growing the ministry of Operation Christmas Child in their communities.
We are currently searching for a training professional who will serve on our Volunteer Relations team. The E-Learning Manager will create and execute a strategy, managing a team that designs, develops, and delivers all training content and resources, to equip Operation Christmas Child domestic volunteers. This position requires a strategic thinker, with 5-7 years of experience as a professional trainer. Good communication skills are critical, as this opportunity will act as liaison with other training consultants and teams with whom we partner. Additional knowledge surrounding e-learning and other virtual learning is preferred.
*This position is based at Samaritan’s Purse IHQ in Boone, NC, but requires approx 70 days of domestic travel annually
A day in the life of an E-Learning Manager:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of E-Learning Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Develop the overall training strategy for all equipping pieces so that they are consistent, comprehensive, and synchronized across different training mediums
- Determine gaps in volunteer effectiveness and create the training standard to ensure consistency
- Manage the development of all practical and spiritually based content for both traditional and e-Learning training including content and handouts, Connect breakout sessions and handouts, ministry specific training, handbooks and presentations
- Provide daily oversight and direction of a team, ensuring the performance of all staff members meet the requirements of their job
- Ensure that subject matter experts such as Domestic Managers and Field Committees are utilized to innovate, analyze and develop all training content to create effective ministry-specific trainings including outlines, scripts, storyboards and reviews
- Manage the design and development of Connect breakout session content and materials according to instructional design principles and including scripting, PowerPoint Presentations, on-screen graphics, presenter’s notes, activities, and handouts
- Ensure that Field Staff are effective trainers for group training sessions including at Connect and other ministry conferences
- All other duties as assigned
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5-7 years’ experience as training professional
- Proven management experience; able to cast vision and lead others
- Creative, strategic thinking; able to anticipate and address issues effectively
- Proficient in Adobe, including Adobe eLearning development tools
Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate’s degree in Christian Education preferred, plus 5-7 years’ experience in curriculum development and volunteer management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve hours of biblical studies from an accredited Christian college or university is strongly preferred.
Job Location: Boone, NC
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Approximately 70 days per year
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- 401 (k) retirement savings plan
- 10 paid holidays
- 12 vacation days
- 10 sick/personal days