Samaritan’s Purse, Mission Aviation Services, is seeking a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has been called to make disciples of all nations through use of their aviation related knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience.
This position requires the applicant hold a United States, Federal Aviation Administration, Airline Transport Pilot certificate with a DC8 type rating preferred. Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate required. Current US Passport required. FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit required. Minimum flight experience must include; 5,000 total flight hours with DC8 flight experience preferred. Extensive international experience strongly preferred. This position will require frequent travel, irregular schedules, and a wide variety of responsibilities.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is an active witness for Jesus Christ.
- Attend morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain personal knowledge of the aircraft, AOM, COM, QRH, government regulations, and other air transportation policies and procedures to ensure the highest level of readiness and professional skill as a pilot.
- Conduct each flight in accordance with FAR’s and policies and procedures per Operating Manual to ensure safety of personnel and equipment on the ground and in flight.
- Communicate as necessary with Chief Pilot to facilitate safe and successful completion of each flight.
- Evaluate conditions for each assigned flight. Make final decision to begin, delay or cancel flight. Ensure the aircraft is in an airworthy condition prior to operation; review Airplane Flight Log Form and confirm Director of Maintenance or qualified aircraft technician has affixed his signature and date, at bottom right of form, showing aircraft is airworthy and in safe condition for flight.
- Ensure that any mechanical irregularities are recorded on Airplane Flight Log Form Discrepancy Field for particular flight. Notify Director of Maintenance who is responsible for ensuring proper corrective actions are taken
- Initiate and perform all emergency procedures necessary to control safe flight of aircraft. Delegate certain duties to SIC in the event of an emergency situation.
- Delegate to First Officer, (FO/SIC) any duties necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the flight.
- Compute the Weight and Balance for each flight mission by visually checking each item listed on the Load Manifest in accordance with the I Fly program using the Load Manifest for that mission. Ensure the CG is within allowable limits for all regimes of flight.
Position requires flexibility to be ready and available to travel anywhere in the world (24/7) at a moment’s notice.
Education and/or Experience
- Four year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Air Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP)
- 5,000 hours minimum total time across all aircraft
- DC8 Type Rating preferred
- Heavy multi-engine jet and international/transoceanic experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Maintain current Aviation First Class Medical Certificate, valid ATP-AMEL (Airline Transport Pilot – Aircraft Multi-Engine Land), DC8 type rating preferred, and FCC Restricted Radio Permit. Must maintain currency in the aircraft types assigned.
Location: Greensboro, NC
- The expectation is for the preferred candidate to live within a daily commutable distance. When position is not flying, regular office hours of 8:00 - 4:30 are maintained with duties in the office and hangar.
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Relocation Package available (not a remote position)