Construction Foreman, Lake Charles Rebuild Project
Location: Lake Charles, LA, United States
Job ID: 12057
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2020
Samaritan's Purse will be coming alongside homeowners in Lake Charles, LA to help rebuild after devastating flooding and wind damage. The Construction Foreman will oversee and direct a team to ensure adequate supplies and manpower are in place to accomplish assigned project. The employee will be a skilled builder and will be involved in directing both skilled and non-skilled volunteers in all levels of the construction project and should be knowledgeable in all aspects of construction.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Work jointly with the Project Superintendent, the Volunteer and Logistics Coordinators to construct homes in the affected area.
- Work with on-site volunteer teams, being present at all times; assist team members to educate and oversee their work and ensure they understand their role and are fully equipped to work efficiently and help lead the construction teams.
- Ensure quality of each project is maintained to the highest possible standard and keep each project within the approved budget by closely monitoring expenses.
- Provide safety training and general project training for team members at the job site and ensure all work is done with safe manner.
- Maintain security of all materials and equipment at job sites.
- Ensure quality and adherence of Samaritan’s Purse policies from hired subcontractors.
- Start and end each day on the worksite in prayer with the volunteer team assigned to your site.
- Inspect all jobs, ensuring all work is in accordance with federal, state and local laws and codes.
- Communicate and minister to volunteers and partners, keeping them informed of the team's work and projected needs.
- Review paperwork with the Volunteer and Logistics Coordinators and the Project Superintendent.
- Complete and submit reports for any injuries occurring at the job sites.
- Ability to directly supervise volunteers on a daily basis. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems and ensuring quality control of the construction project which they are assigned.
- One year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be familiar with all aspects of residential home construction, from layout and foundation work to final inspection.
- All construction courses and training and or on the job training will be reviewed, i.e. electrical, plumbing, roofing, framing and finish carpentry.
- A class A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred. Ability to obtain a drivers medical card is required.
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Regular, Full-Time Employee
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave