We are hiring an International Member Care Manager/Chaplain to join our Human Resources Team in Boone, North Carolina! As an International Member Care Manager/Chaplain, you will have the opportunity to care for the spiritual well-being of our international field staff. The main focus is to encourage, train, and help foster environments where the staff and team will grow in their relationship with Christ; to build teams that are spiritually healthy and growing in Christ during their time of service with Samaritan’s Purse. Our staff care program includes the following components: crisis response, self-care, and team resiliency. If your heart is to steward people, mission and culture, we invite you to apply today!
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact, come serve with us!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Make regular field visits to assigned Projects field offices and/or World Medical Mission (WMM) Post Resident hospitals to encourage spiritual growth and vitality in field staff
While in the field, encourage, enrich, edify, and strengthen field staff relationship with God through various means such as: leading workshops, providing pastoral care, leading devotions, implementing discipleship programs, conducting debriefings, speaking at ministry retreats, and remaining in contact and following up with those with whom relationships have been established
- Work with Human Resources and Projects leadership in developing and implementing a strategy for the International Field Staff (IFS) chaplain program, including a discipleship and accountability program that will encourage the spiritual health and well being of field staff.
- Deploy to field offices during times of critical incidents (e.g. deaths, church burnings, etc.) that affect expat and national staff, for the purpose of providing pastoral care, Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) and Psychological First Aid (PFA)
- Deploy with Disaster Assistance Response Teams (DART) and/or participate in the Incident Management Team (IMT) to ensure the spiritual wellbeing of staff responding to disasters, focusing them on reliance upon God as they serve in difficult areas under difficult circumstances
- Serve as a primary point of contact for International Field Staff (IFS) spiritual care issues and liaise with other International Headquarters (IHQ) staff/departments involved in IFS support to foster a healthy organizational culture and philosophy of support
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him
- Graduate degree in pastoral ministry, counseling, or international relations preferred in addition to six to ten years’ related experience in international ministry
- Prior international experience required, experience in Africa preferred
- At least 12-credit hours of college-level biblical studies strongly preferred
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability and confidence to make strategic decisions; must have a high level of discernment
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and discretion in handling confidential information
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!