Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst II (Apple Concentration) to join our IT department service desk team! This position delivers quality customer service to Samaritan’s Purse IT customers domestically and internationally by providing support for any technology service or product that is available in the IT Service Catalog. Also, this position concentrates and specializes on macOS and iOS mobile devices. Responds to service desk requests (phone, email, ticketing system, and in person) at the Tier II and Tier I level with professionalism and compassionate action that is representative of the ministry. If you are driven to make a difference with your work, and have a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Serve with specialized and concentrated knowledge in macOS, iOS, Bash, ZSH, and Jamf Pro platforms, supporting these platforms with expertise on hardware, software, and OS.
- Serve as redundant support for all Apple iOS mobile device issues, and Apple macOS devices when primary staff are absent or need additional assistance.
- Assist in administration of the Mobile Device Management system, including adds, changes, and deletes as equipment is deployed, repurposed, or taken out of service.
- Support technical issues in person or by remote tools as needed and alert management of recurring problems or patterns, to provide support for both domestic and international staff as necessary.
- Serve as the escalation point for multiple Service Desk Analyst I employees.
- Improve existing Service Desk processes by recommending possible changes and improvements.
- Log and track all Service Desk interactions in the Service Desk ticketing system.
- Visit field office sites (domestic and international) on a periodic basis to ensure a high level of customer service and support.
- Determine user requirements and analyze alternative solutions in regards to these user requirements.
- Research and recommend new hardware and/or software solutions to improve efficiency and resolve business problems.
- Handle moderately complex IT troubleshooting issues. Work closely with hardware, software, and basic system issues with emphasis on Apple iOS or macOS troubleshooting.
- Escalate advanced IT problems and tasks to the Service Desk Analyst III when necessary, including IT infrastructure team questions and collaboration needs requested by IT system teams.
- Create documentation and procedures for specific tasks, including installation of various software.
- Proactively maintain user IT systems to ensure proper and secure functionality. Analyze methods to improve efficiency, security, and customer experience.
- Maintain ITIL compliance for Service Desk systems and operations while following ITSM framework and protocols.
- Analyze, design, document, test, report, diagnose, and resolve advanced Service Desk troubleshooting issues.
- Provide excellent customer service for staff, vendors, and volunteers.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)