We are hiring an Procurement Manager for our field office in Democratic Republic of Congo! As Procurement Manager, you will have the opportunity to design and implement systems for procurement, importation, and transport of emergency relief commodities. This position is a line manager for all procurement staff working in the country office. When appropriate, this position will provide support for the field operations of food distribution and emergency relief by Samaritan’s Purse in Democratic Republic of Congo in both internally and externally funded programs. We invite you to apply today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Description of job duties:
- Insure efficiency with the highest standard of integrity.
- Work together with procurement teams outside of Democratic Republic of Congo and support as necessary.
- Develop and implement reliable and appropriate processes for orderly, effective and safe distribution of relief items in the field, helping to manage the distribution.
- Assist the Senior Operations Manager and Operations Manager with decision making related to field operations.
- Provide support in the achievement of the objectives of the program.
- Assist in maintenance and improving the project procurement systems, processes and procedures.
- Ensure logistical success of project goals, including transportation and storage of communities to field locations, collation of waybills and waybill reporting.
- Formally report on procurement status of purchases for projects and field sites to the Senior Operations Manager as well as the formal briefing of the greater Democratic Republic of Congo team.
- Hire and manage national and regional logistics and procurement staff, if necessary.
- Manage strategic relationships with customs clearance, airport authorizes, NGO and military logistical personnel where applicable, merchants and other significant individuals.
- Keep careful records of consumption, and submit supply orders to stock both food and other supplies for compound staff programs.
- Keep records of all base storerooms, inventorying and distributing donations as they become available.
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
- Demonstrated integrity, honesty and transparency.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope with stress and live in basic conditions; flexibility and patience.
- Previous experience working with Food Assistance and/or Agricultural programs and/or community-based programming in Africa.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English. French preferred.
- Ability to network and build relationships with government, civil society, and community partners.
- Experience with and have a working knowledge of Access or other relational data base systems beneficial.
This is an accompanied position.
International Employee Benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year