Samaritan’s Purse Mission Aviation Services is seeking a servant of Jesus Christ who feels God’s leading to make disciples of all nations through use of their aviation-related knowledge, skills, and abilities for our Liberia, Africa program.
This position requires the applicant hold a current United States Federal Aviation Administration A&P License; Inspection Authorization (IA) is desirable. Ten (10) years relevant aircraft maintenance experience is required, with at least three (3) years maintaining Bell helicopters. We currently operate a Bell 206L-4 and a Cessna 208B in this location; PT6/C208 and Bell 206 experience highly desired. Experience working overseas is preferred, and the ability to work independently is essential.
This position reports to the Director of Maintenance (DOM) and will perform aircraft maintenance and inspections that meet or exceed FAA requirements. This position may also serve as a flight mechanic as needed, and may manage/maintain aircraft parts inventory as directed.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Attend daily devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Maintain SP aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Perform preflight and post flight inspections.
- Coordinate with the Director of Maintenance and other aircraft maintenance technicians to ensure aircraft are properly maintained.
- Related Aircraft Duties
- May travel with the aircraft as a crewmember and perform duties associated with the mission. Ensure travel documents and inoculations are current for global travel.
- Repair and maintain aircraft ground support equipment.
- Perform line service duties including refueling.
- Clean interiors and exteriors of aircraft.
- Assist in maintaining hangar facilities and lease property to meet the highest possible standards of safety and appearance.
- Tow and secure company aircraft.
- Assist with loading and unloading of the aircraft at home base and enroute destinations.
- Operate aircraft ground and loading equipment.
- Properly handle storage of hazardous materials used on a daily basis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) years of industry aircraft maintenance experience maintaining turbine powered aircraft.
- FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings. Inspection Authorization preferred.
- Report to the Director of Maintenance (DOM) and perform aircraft maintenance and inspections that meet or exceed FAA requirements.
Regular, Full-Time Position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/sick leave/home leave
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
This position is able to accommodate a family.