Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our internal Cloud build team! This long term Cloud build and Implementation, stands at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. This DevOps Engineer would be apart of a fast past team of Developers, Engineers,and Architects to help build and deploy vital components of our Enterprise Private Cloud. The ideal candidate for this role would need exposure to one or more of modern programming languages like Python, PHP, Django, or Go in an Enterprise Linux environment. The ideal candidate would be a very forward-leaning, fast paced, and passionate Security DevOps Engineer who enjoys learning the newest technologies and Open-Source projects. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Preferably 3+ years of Development experience in a Linux/Unix/CentOS DevOps environment.
- Experience utilizing a containerizaiton and orchestration tool such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Working alongside existing CI/CD Developers when additional Continuous Integration/Development tasks are needed.
- Experience utilizing Jira for task tracking.
- Experience utilizing Ansible and/or Chef for automation and operations.
- Preferred knowledge/exposure to any of the elements in the "ELK" Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana), or Graylog.
- Desired Cloud exposure to AWS, AWS EC2, AWS S3, Azure or OpenStack.
- Experience utilizing Ansible and/or Chef for Automation and Operations.
- Experience utilizing Git for Source Code Management and tracking.
- Exposure to one of the following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Experience developing automation scripts to accomplish provisioning and configuration tasks against varied complex platforms.
- Experience with scaling and distributing firewall technology, load balancers (F5 or other)
- Experience with secure communications, denial of service (DOS) mitigation's, and other attacks that target Network traffic.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and monitoring open-source firewalls and using open-source firewall tools.
- Experience configuring and monitoring log aggregation and correlation products
- Solid understanding of the SDLC, and SDLC principles..
- Solid working experience Developing innovative and highly functional interfaces for new Applications and Software developed.
- Preferred IT operations or Embedded Developer background.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.