Samaritan’s Purse, Mission Aviation Services, is seeking a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has been called to make disciples of all nations through use of their aviation related knowledge, skills, and abilities. This position requires the applicant hold a United States, Federal Aviation Administration, Mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings. Ten years of turbine aviation maintenance experience required. Inspection Authorization preferred. This position will require frequent travel, irregular schedules, and a wide variety of responsibilities.
This position will also serve as flight mechanic on trips as needed, and manage/maintain aircraft parts inventory as directed.
- Attend daily devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Maintain SP aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Perform preflight and post flight inspections.
- Coordinate with the Director of Maintenance and other aircraft maintenance technicians to ensure aircraft are properly maintained.
- Travel with the aircraft as a crewmember and perform duties associated with the mission. Ensure travel documents and inoculations are current for global travel.
- Repair and maintain aircraft ground support equipment.
- Perform line service duties including but, not limited to lavatory service and refueling.
- Clean interiors and exteriors of aircraft.
- Assist in maintaining hangar facilities and lease property to meet the highest possible standards of safety and appearance.
- Tow and secure company and transient aircraft while utilizing SP facilities.
- Assist with loading and unloading of the aircraft at home base and enroute destinations.
- Operate aircraft ground and loading equipment.
- Properly handle storage of hazardous materials used on a daily basis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additionally, ten (10) years of industry aircraft maintenance experience maintaining large turbine powered aircraft.
- FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings. Inspector Authorization preferred.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Relocation Package available (not a remote position)